Last month I did a post on my process when getting dressed and I received a lot of positive feedback. So with this post I'm just going step by step. Below is the finished product.
A staple in women's closets across the world - a white shirt and jeans.
All I did was add a blue blazer and topped off with a scarf. The jeans are a light wash and my boots are rugged, the outfit automatically becomes casual. A pair of bedroom slippers or heels gives it a different look.
Here are my answers:
1. I started my blog because I wanted to represent how real women are dressing. I don't really talk about celebrities or their fashion choices because I'm pretty sure they're not talking about me and my life. I just wanted to show women that making time for yourself is possible (hard but possible) and beneficial.
2. What keeps me going is the positive feedback and that women are actually inspired by me. That's what keeps me going.
3. Wayne Clark gown, from The Room. I'm just waiting to wear it.
4. For me it has to be red lipstick. I've been wearing it since high school. It's one of the few things that never goes out of style.
5. I don't have an answer...
6. I don't have any pics to share but I do remember wearing mauve chords in grade school, and guess what, coloured chords are back and I bet you mauve is the next big colour. LOL!!
7. I have worn so many things but I can't believe I rocked the grunge look. It was a university phase and I'm glad I'm out of it.
8. My biggest hurtle was accessories. I'm over it now. Accessories are an inexpensive way to add to any outfit.
9. I like the style of the 50's & 60's (before the whole hippie thing). It was a time where people dressed up for things. I love to dress up.
10. I've been blogging for less then a year too, I don't have any real advice except to have fun and use blogging as an outlet.
I just wanted to list a few of my favourite blogs. If you have a chance stop by and check out these stylish women:
Crazy Style Love - Fellow Canadian Jenny
Style Guile - Beth a lawyer turned stylist
Leopards & Lillies - Amy an American Ex-pat living in the Middle East
Kiki's Parlour - Kristina is a photographer from England and my fellow Croat
Coast With Me - Rita from California is the young one in the group
School Gate Style - Avril is one of my favourites - down to earth
It's Not That Deep - Sheree is my girl with edge
The Suburban Peasant - Ana is the only blog here that's not about fashion, it's about food
Ava Grace's Closet - Susan is a mom of 3 and another Canuck
The ladies above have blogs I visit on a weekly basis (whenever they post). I think they are pretty great I hope you do to.