Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blog Swap - Meet Avril


Meet Avril – Blog Swap with School Gate Style

When I first started blogging I googled “Mom Fashion Blogs” and stumbled across an article from the Daily Mail featuring Mom fashion bloggers. I was introduced to several wonderful blogs and became a follower of School Gate Style written by the fantastic Avril. Fast forward nine months later and Avril approached ME to do a blog swap. I quickly jumped at the opportunity to trade spaces! With a fantastic sense of style and mother of three many of us can relate to Avril as she decides what to wear for School Gate Style.

It’s Avril here from School Gate Style and I’m so excited to be swapping with Iva for today’s blog post. I’m a stay at home mum of 3 and personal style blogger from Belfast, Northern Ireland who owns way too many clothes and shoes (but don’t tell my husband I admitted to that!).
My blog features stylish (hopefully) and affordable (definitely) outfits for busy mums on the school run, or in this instance, when heading on a casual night out. I realise this makes me look like I’ve got an amazing social life – I don’t! But if you’re showing yourself off to another blog audience, you need to scrub up a bit I reckon!


Today’s outfit is one I wore to the launch in Dublin of Marks & Spencer’s Autumn Winter Collection last week. I travelled to Dublin with some journalists and bloggers. While I wanted to look smart for the event, I had to think practicalities – a long car journey, a cool day and some pesky kids who didn’t leave me in peace to get ready!


So, time pressures meant I ended up wearing the Diesel jeans I’d had on all day. I dressed them up with an ASOS black blazer, a Zara white top (similar here), a New Look necklace and my favourite Marks & Spencer Autograph purple suede heels.



This black blazer has been a great investment buy. I wear it so frequently. To events, on nights out and it’s great to smarten up a daytime outfit. The broader shoulders and nipped in waist are perfect for flattering a pear shape figure.



Loved this necklace as soon as I saw it – it’s a good one for brightening up an outfit like this and there’s a bit of purple to pick up on the shoe colour.



Did I mention I got these leather Autograph shoes for £5 ($5 USD/$8 CAD)(similar here)! They were reduced from about £50! Bargainous!! You’ll find lots of bargains on my blog as my clothes budget is waaaay to small for my liking <sob>

I hope you like my Night Out Style….a little different from my usual School Gate Style but if you follow my blog, you can check out more of that each day. Thank you to Iva for allowing me to take over her blog for the day. Now get yourself over to School Gate Style to see what Iva’s wearing!

Avril x

Avril and I will be hooking up with the Transatlantic Blonde for WIWW. Enjoy!

27 comments:

  1. Hi Iva... Avril looks great as always and I love your outfit on her blog today also! A well fitting blazer is such a handy piece to have on standby for all seasons!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire outfit is fabulous! Love it. It's dressed up yet relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW, it looks great Iva! Thank you - so much fun working with you on this post. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to read Avrils post on another blog and Iva's one on Avrils. Nice change and you approach it differently, like going to visit a new friend or having a new friend over for tea!! You are a bit shy but it all goes swimmingly well. Both outfits are gorgeous . You guys are a good match for blog swapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit shy, I was on my best behaviour at Avril's. I tend to be a bit more opinionated in my own blog. Thanks for visiting Regina.

      Delete
  5. Avril is so great, and has such a lovely blog! LOVE this outfit! It's classic and chic, but with personality! Love that necklace and those great shoes!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Jenny! Love the pictures on your blog.

      Delete
  6. Looking lovely as always Avril & what a great idea to blog swap!
    Ruth - Room31.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Odlična ideja da podeliš sa nama blogove koje ti se sviđaju :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love Love those purple shoes. Will have to check out Avril's blog and start following along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those shoes are awesome and I love the necklace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love your necklace and your outfit is great!


    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blog swap idea and you look fantastic Avril. Those shoes are a bargain and such a great colour! I'm from London so will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from Avril's blog,I love both your outfits and styles ...new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this! The necklace and shoes are so pretty and they really liven up the outfit - and I am obsessed with blazers lately!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that necklace! I need it.
    And those shoes...$8 canadian???? Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love her outfit! all great pieces brought together beautifully!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic smart/casual outfit - love the jacket, love the shoes, LOVE the necklace! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! You totally brought your day look to night with the right accessories an a smart blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the suede heels & the necklace - great details on a beautiful outfit!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This whole outfit is lovely! Especially the pop of color from those shoes! Found you via the RGS linkup!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com
    Enter my giveaway for a NYFW Beauty Bag here!

    ReplyDelete