Wednesday, July 3, 2013

LBD because of Vichy

When I am invited to PR events I get excited - it's time to play dress up! No kids tugging or pulling on me, I'm not wiping up spilled milk (or anything really) or getting grease on my clothes because someone didn't wash their hands or any. During Luminato, Toronto's Festival of Arts and Creativity I was able to attend Vichy's Skin Health Centre where I was given a complete skin work up and learned that my skin is extremely dehydrated. To be quite honest, I figure as much. I am still having a difficult time juggling kids, family, home responsibility and all the amazing opportunities blogging is bring me. I'm not taking care of myself or my skin as I should.

Vichy Canada sent me everything I needed (and them some) to help with my skin concerns and I'll be doing a full review of their products. My Vichy Products were mostly from the LIFTACTIV line, helps with aging and wrinkles, something I'm trying to slow down. I really enjoyed hearing about Vichy's commitment to helping those with sensitive skin and how much research goes into their products. I even met their head scientist, Sarah Gora, she has the most amazing Parisian accent that I could listen to all day.  I'm already obsessed with their Bare Skin Feel Lotion SPF 60 (feels like it moisturizes and is light) as well as their Lip Protection Stick SPF 30 (lipstick glides over it and application is smoother, that's why I keep it in my make up bag). Their Centre was located right next to the main stage so I figured I would dress up and wear my favourite summer LBD.



I have gotten my money's worth with this denim jacket. It just seems to go with everything.


These nude heels are my new summer go to's.


Me posing with my favourite products - LIFTACTIV Serum 10 Eyes and Lashes and Nutriextra Dry Oil.

Denim Jacket, The Gap. Dress, Bailey 44 (old). Shoes, Nine West. Clutch, Danier. Necklace, c/o Vivienne Kelly (sold out but similar here). Bracelet, c/o Cocoa Jewelry for Target.

I'm linking up with Transatlantic Blonde for WIWW, Because Shanna Said So, My Girlish Whims, The Pleated Poppy Blog & Whatever Goes Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look!
    I love that style - a mix of a LBD, nude accessories and a denim jacket. Need to wear that again!

    Annette
    Last day to enter my giveaway.
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, love this look I am thinking about wearing a denim jacket over dress for a up coming event I have soon.... Love the shoes
    Annmarie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! This outfit is a perfect combination of dress and laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. I could wear a variation of it every day.
    And, dying to know how the eye cream is...on the hunt for a new one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Those shoes are amazing and I know how great it is to really go all out dressing up and looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love your outfit dear! I like to wear my denim jackets with dresses as well :)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great dress and I adore the shoes with it. I'm recently discovering Vichy having strayed away for quite a number of years. Their range of products is impressive now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great event to attend, and you certainly look FABULOUS for it too!!! Love how the denim jacket adds a cool casual vibe to the dress. Gorgeous!

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. super sandals ! you look great. greetings from Austria !
    www.alexavoncanisius.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are stunning Iva! It's hard juggling everything, unfortunately it usually the body that takes the toll. But u always look amazing so we definitely can't tell! X

    ReplyDelete