Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Stripes

Navy & White is my summer go to colour combination. It's easy and we all know I love easy.

It's a quick post today. I've been out swimming with the kids and I am tired. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer vacation. It's cooling down in Toronto and I HATE it! I like the heat. I am ducking from all the dirty looks some of you are throwing at me.



I bought this skirt for two reasons, the length and the ruching. I cannot resist perfectly placed ruching.

Skirt, Yoana Baraschi (old). Tee, The Gap (tall). Flip Flops, Tory Burch (old). Necklace, Stella and Dot (old). Bag, c/o Ecco. Sunglasses, Burberry (old). Watch, Michael Kors (old).

I have a favour to ask all my mom's out there - or anyone really. What are your "Back to School" must have's. It can really be anything from kids lunch box kits, to your must have jeans. Anything! All you ideas are appreciated.

Linking up with:
Transatlantic Blonde
Style Elixir
My Thrifty Chic
Real Girl Glam
The Pleated Poppy




7 comments:

  1. I love good ruching too!

    Re the kids stuff- I love the so young mother lunchboxes, oshkosh jeans from Target and Kleen Kanteen water bottles!

    xo Emma
    http://strollingthecityinheels.com
    **Stella & Dot giveaway on the blog**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this weather, it is my ideal temp (and now you are throwing me a dirty look lol).

    My tip for back to school is to shop the summer sales because the first month of School will still be warm. Grab cardigans/hoodies to layer in the cool mornings. Then do some real stocking up on cold weather items when it the fall stuff is on sale ;)

    Skiphop has the cutest back backs for little ones, and lots of fun little sandwich cases at Target.

    Superstore has fun school supplies, not the same old boring ones but like pink staplers etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is gorgeous!! Looks great with that top :)

    If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous as always. My must have 'back to school' items are drink bottles (that don't leak!!!), lunch boxes (that are big enough for the lunch but also fit in the school bag) and a decent, small but wide flask for hot lunches (my child refuses to eat sandwiches! strange, but true!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is summer casual done right! Love the navy with the beige bag, and the ruching is so cute.

    -Nathy @ Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that skirt!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking lovely my dear! I so like the skirt :)
    Big kiss
    Have a nice weekend :**********

    ReplyDelete