Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clubbing - Mom Style

Before I had kids I had a wardrobe that consisted of two categories
  1. Work Clothes - professional and conservative
  2. Going Out to the Club Clothes - not work appropriate, NOT Paris Hilton or Britney Spears no underwear and micro mini look, but still
Two separate closets for two separate lives. Okay, I had some lounge clothes and a few nice dresses for weddings, but honestly there was literally a line in my closet to differentiate these two wardrobes. When I was young and "clubbing," everything was black. Nobody wore any colour. I cannot believe I used to go out every weekend, it just sounds so ridiculous now, especially writing the word "clubbing".

Now I have a wardrobe that has better quality clothes, lots more colour and has several categories:
  1. Everyday Clothes
  2. Workout/lounge Clothes
  3. Pajamas - Ever since I bought pj's that are long enough for my legs this is my newest and favourite category
  4. Church Clothes/Croatian Banquet Clothes
  5. Husband Function Clothes
  6. Formal/Wedding Dresses
  7. Date Night/Girls Night clothes - this is the smallest category, and is the mom's version of club clothes
I went out last night and was very excited. I am part of a mother's group that has locations across the city of Toronto and we had our annual fundraiser (where I won a door prize and purchased an amazing silent auction item). My group was thirteen women strong, that means thirteen moms without any children! We had some wine and food, talked with women across the city, were entertained by stand-up comedians (all mothers) and had a fun night. It was a wonderful evening, we celebrated being women and being mothers.

I have a new babysitter and I made her take some pictures of me. The girl is amazing but she must think I'm a complete nutter. I know some of you think I'm crazy as well (don't worry I paid her really well so I think she's coming back). The full shot of me is very fuzzy but I just wanted to show you how I rocked four inch heels!! My feet hurt like a bitch at the end of the night and still this morning, so not sure if it was worth it. Here's what I wore:





Blazer - Banana Republic; Top - Cassis; Pants - Citizens of Humanity; Clutch - Marc by Marc Jacobs; Cuff - Joe Fresh; Shoes - Jimmy Choo

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy Choo four inch heels. Wow, you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen...maybe it was worth it just to see that in print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey one chic mom,

    love the photo's on your blog!!!! boy can you rock those heels, like you don't already command attention! (you look 7feet tall).

    ReplyDelete