Monday, March 26, 2012

Mundane Mondays - Power Shopping

I am going to try something new - posting some easy dressing ideas and calling it Mundane Mondays. Easy things to wear when doing all that glam mom stuff...let me know what you think.

We had unseasonably warm weather during March break (and the following week) in south western Ontario. I was able to head to Windsor and get help from my family (two grandparents+two sisters+one brother-in-law = HEAVEN). While I was there we headed to Michigan and some fantastic shopping.

When the Galic sisters go shopping it is a marathon event so I needed to dress for 8 hours of fun (one hour break for dinner). We hit IKEA, three home stores, two malls (Fairlane and Somerset Collections) and street shopping in Royal Oak (I think it was Royal York). We are fast, efficient and we know what we like and need.



Dark blue skinny jeans and a navy top can be pretty plain, I added yellow shoes for a pop of colour and the scarf draws attention to my face. My face was very well rested this week, I had to give it some attention.


Since this shirt had slips I wore a white tank just for a little peek-a-boo of coverage. An orange, red or yellow tank would have been a nice touch as well.


Top - Cassis; Jeans - Adriano Goldschmied; Shoes - Tory Burch; Scarf - Gifted

I finally got the top I wanted at Anne Taylor, lusted over Louboutins (hell I even tried on three pairs) and spent some great time with my sisters. A wonderful March break for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment