Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hell Just Froze Over...

I'm wearing a poncho and I like it. So yes, hell must have frozen over because I hate ponchos, except for this one. This one is from Banana Republic. It is a beautiful knit, keeps me warm and looks good. That's the thing...it LOOKS GOOD. The people at BR are calling it a cape, it is a proper poncho. Running errands and don't want the bulk of a coat? This is what you should wear. 




Just wanted to show you how it looks against lighter coloured clothing. That's why I love navy blue.


Poncho/Cape - Banana Republic (here)
Turtlenecks - The Gap (here)
Jeans - Yoga Jeans (here)
Chords - J Brand (old)
Booties - The Gap (here)
Shoes - Tory Burch (old)
Watch - Michael Kors
Bracelet - Stella & Dot (here)

12 comments:

  1. Iva you look SO BEAUTIFUL! That poncho/cape is just amazing! I love the navy color...you could wear it with just about anything! Looks so fab with the bordeaux jeans and grey boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really cute in this in both the light and dark outfit. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never wore them before this year either but bought one recently and love it now:) You look lovely as always!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like them on others and yours is lovely. However, being of petite stature, I don't think it's a look that I could pull off with any measure of success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boots - oh yes - I have them as well (hee hee). The poncho looks good and I like that it's navy. It works well with both lights and darks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious and I know the feeling of thinking hell has frozen over... Love the poncho, navy is such an easy color to style...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I have one from BR also..I have been thinking about it lately..you will see it soon ;)This one is great becasue of the side opening..mine covers completely.
    sheree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is indeed fab! I just bought a Michael Kors one from the outnet the other week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, I LOVE your hair, Iva! Second, yay for fashion risks!!! I think this one paid off for you! I'm with you on ponchos, but this one has some structure to it and the color is so rich. I love it with the red denim! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your poncho cape! It's amazing and obviously very versatile!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same concerns about ponchos, but this one looks so fabulous on you! It has such a cozy feel and I love it in navy!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you had DDD's size breasts you would hate it. But it looks great with the crimson.

    ReplyDelete