Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's a Mom Day - Cardi & Denim

Style isn't just about being able to co-ordinate patterns, colour and texture. I love to mix all these elements to express my own personality, however, I also live in a world where I'm picking up toys, folding laundry, cooking, cleaning, dealing with dirty diapers (can't wait for that to end) and running around in cold weather doing pick ups and drop offs. While I would love to be posh, when I'm doing "the everyday" it is not going to happen.

So I'll fall back to some old favourites - cardigan, button down and denim. Classics are timeless and easy. We all need some easy in our days.




Cardigan - Pink Tartan (old)
Button Down - Ann Taylor (old)
Jeans - James Jeans (old)
Belt - Tory Burch (old)
Boots - Frye (old)

13 comments:

  1. love your Tory burch belt
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more! We definitely all need some easy days. That green shade really suits you ... and very appropriate, given the fact that St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone are the days of dirty diapers and LEGO spread out on the floor but when in doubt, I always go for a classic outfit.
    Love the fresh green!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for a classy Mom! As a mother of four whose youngest will be a teenager next month... Just want to say the days of exhaustion really do come to an end... Yesterday I woke up to my youngest declaring "Hey, I noticed the dishwasher was almost full and added a few things and turned it on for you. I realized I am kinda a jerk sometimes and want to change that." I was doing somersaults (in my head)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so fantastic. You did a great job mama!

      Delete
  5. classic look..very nice! My son just stated going on the toilet yesterday...he's FIVE!
    anyway my daughter who is 2 years younger has been going for almost 2 years..this no diaper thing has been a long time coming!
    miss you on my blog..
    Sheree xxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So classic! and with you on your thoughts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the same kind of looks I go for day in, day out. Can't clean the loo in a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice outfit. I really LOVE the vibrant green cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hear you on this! preach it sister! and love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. .....AND YOU STILL MANAGE TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL, CLASSY, & STYLISH:)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I κnow this іs off toрic but I was wоnԁеring іf уou kneω of any widgets
    Ι сould аdd to mу blog that automаtically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my web blog :: http://megasuert.com

    ReplyDelete