Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chile Sightseeing - Strawberry Zara Blazer

My husband and I were back in Santiago Chile, which is a beautiful city and we had warm weather and blue skies while there at the end of April. I find it very safe, however, the locals will tell you they have a pick pocketing problem so be careful.

When traveling I try not to look like a typical tourist - I don't always blend into the background (blond hair, light complexion and height) but I'm trying not to scream "I'm a foreigner so steal my camera". That means no "tourist" uniform - baggy t-shirt, ill fitting jeans/shorts, running shoes/outdoor sandals, and overflowing backpack. It's the combination of all those things that is the tell.

On this evening, my husband and I were going to do some sightseeing and an easy dinner. I made sure I put on my comfortable sandals and a fun outfit. I don't get out as much as I like with my husband so I put some extra effort. I had to wear my Zara blazer. The strawberry red colour pops and is great with denim. 



Hanging out in Patio Bellavista - full of restaurants and cute little stores that sell handmade crafts and jewelry.

I love red and turquoise together, the strong colours compliment each other and are allowed to shine against a cream blouse and dark denim.


Nude shoes are my new favourite footwear. They go with every colour and make you look taller (that's a piece of advice for my petite friends).


When I was here in August of 2011 I did not take the funicular up San Cristobal Hill. That's something my husband Ivan and I were able to do. The view was fantastic.


Ivan took this picture because I was afraid to look down. The funicular is great, it travels up 284 m, but my stomach was not so enthralled and I was afraid that we were going to plummet to our death. The funicular didn't "drive" new.


A statue of the Virgin of the Immaculate Conception, which is 45 ft high. There are Catholic masses held outdoors every Sunday at noon at the foot of the statue. 


Views of the city, above is a picture of a famous building nicknamed the Cell Phone Tower, shaped like a cell phone from the 90s.


The Andes surrounding the city.




Patio Bellavista at night. We came back after our quick tour of San Cristobal Hill and had some dinner and Pisco Sours. Pisco Sours are the official drink of Chile (at least they are for Ivan and me). The restaurants were busy and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Blazer - Zara
Necklace - Avon
Blouse - Aritzia (old)
Jeans - Rich & Skinny (old)
Bracelet - Joe Fresh
Sandals - Cole Haan


No comments:

Post a Comment