Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mint Blouse - Pink Martini

I am enjoying the pastel trend so much so that I really want to buy some pastel jeans - I just can't find any with a higher rise (or thick fabric). My sister Ana told me Top Shop but I have not found the time to go. Anyone else having this problem?

Trying on the low rise ones has taught me to go up a few sizes so I'm not showing off my puckers and dimples. Still wanting to honour the pastel trend I've purchased a mint green blouse by Pink Martini. Just love it!


My husband had a casual evening work function and I wore the blouse and paired it with dark denim skinnies (big shock I know). Doing a pastel top is easier then a pastel bottom. Everything else I'm wearing is several years old (beside the necklace...more on that later), I didn't have to purchase anything new to go with the top.

Honestly, how fun are the leopard shoes with this outfit? I could have easily done black or even nude but leopard is unexpected and it works.


Now back to the necklace that is not on my neck. On my left hand I am wearing a Joe Fresh necklace as a bracelet that I just wrapped around a couple of times (thanks for the idea Ana). 

I decided to do all gold as the accessories. I could have a added a few silver bracelets as well. Metallics work as neutrals.


White blazers seem impractical but with this blouse it allows that to be the focus. Black can be harsh against pastels, where white brings it into spring and summer.


Blazer - Cassis (old)
Blouse - Pink Martini
Jeans - Paige (old)
Shoes - Stuart Weitzman (old)
Purse - Marc Jacob (old)
Belt - Tory Burch (old)
Bracelets - Coach (old), gifted, Joe Fresh (necklace, worn as bracelet on left hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment