Monday, May 14, 2012

Nautical - J Crew Navy Blazer & Green Skirt

In one of my first posts I talked about how much I love nautical...well I channeled that love for my mother's day outfit this past Sunday. I took a striped t-shirt from Joe Fresh and built a fun outfit around it. The best part was the hit of colour with the green skirt.

On Saturday I celebrated my 37th birthday, so this weekend was very busy, full of family and friends. I have decided that for this week I am featuring outfits that any birthday woman would want to wear - go out to dinner in, have some drinks and celebrate getting better with age. Enjoy!


Don't have a green skirt? Try red, yellow or a khaki skirt. Pants in any of these colours work as well. 

I really love navy for that reason, it allows colour to really shine. Moreover, black can be harsh against our skin (especially as we age), where navy softens everything. Bobbi Brown has a great navy eyeshadow that I use as a liner instead of black. It looks fantastic

For my petite friends - or anyone who wants to look taller - a nude shoes just elongates the leg and gives us extra height. I could have worn a brown shoe (like the colour of my hand bag), but these shoes just disappear and draw the eye up to the outfit.




The gold buttons and gold hardware just showcase the gold jewelry even better.




This is how I roll ladies - black Chrysler minivan! Wouldn't have it any other way.

Blazer & Skirt - J Crew
Shirt - Joe Fresh
Shoes - Jimmy Choo
Bag - Coach
Watch - Michael Kors
Bracelets - Coach, gifted, The Bay

1 comment:

  1. You are so fabulous! Wish my mom looked like this more often haha

    ReplyDelete